- Collect information about clients through interview, observation, and assessment tools
- Develop and implement treatment plans based on clinical experience and knowledge.
- Counsel clients, individually and in group sessions, to assist in overcoming dependencies, adjusting to life, and making changes
- Act as client advocates in order to coordinate required services or to resolve emergency problems in crisis situations
- Counsel family members to assist them in understanding, dealing with, and supporting clients or patients.
- Plan, organize and lead structured programs of counseling, work, study, recreation, and social activities for clients
- Modify treatment activities and approaches as needed on order to comply with changes in clients’ status.
- Monitor clients’ use of medications
- Maintain confidential records relating to clients’ treatment.
- Oversee therapeutic services and the documentation that it accompanies said services.
- Prepare and maintain all required treatment records and reports in the required timeframe.
- Maintain compliance with all laws and regulations governing the practice of counseling, social work and marriage and family therapy in Ohio.
- Comply with all Agency policies and procedures including CARF.
- Collaborate with other staff members to perform clinical assessments and develop treatment plans.
- Meet with families, probation officers, and other interested parties in order to exchange necessary information during the treatment process.
- Refer patients, clients, or family members to community resources or to specialists as necessary.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of counseling programs and clients’ progress in resolving identified problems and moving towards defined objectives.
- Conduct weekly meetings to collaborate with the clinical team.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
*Work is performed primarily at REACH Main Office, field offices, court, and other community based settings.
*Hours of operations are primarily 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. Occasional late afternoons. No weekend or holiday requirements.