Education Alternatives is seeking a part time, Lead Custodian for the Cuyahoga Falls location. The Lead Custodian assists the maintenance staff in the upkeep and general maintenance of the facility(s). The Lead Custodian will work alongside the vocational staff, and the maintenance staff. Experience with a background in custodial services and basic maintenance is required. This is a part time, non-exempt position.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-Candidate must be at least 21 years’ old
-Candidate must have a clean driving record
-Ability to drive larger vans
-Ability to serve food and meet health department requirements
-Must be able to work with Education Alternatives students both under the supervision of the Vocational Instructor and individually
-Must supply own hand tools and power drills, however shop tools are available
-Must be able to follow all company compliance policies, safety policies, OHSA laws and regulations, plus any other general safety requirements
-Ability to stay organized and on task
Education and/or Experience
- High School Diploma, or equivalent.
-At least four years’ experience in the building operations, custodial, and/ or janitorial trades.
- Experience working in a professional environment
- Experience using floor machines, carpet extractors, and other custodial related machinery preferred
- Experience in working with children and young adults preferred
-TCI/ LSI Certified (In-House Training Available)
-CPR/ First Aid Certification (In-House Training Available)
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
-Must be able to lift, carry, and manually transport heavy items up to 70 lbs.
-Must be physically able to properly use hand tools such as screwdrivers, hammers, wire cutters, shovels, rakes, small garden tools, power tools, saws, along with other tools that are necessary for the job at hand
-This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, climbing, talking, hearing and seeing for long periods
-Exposed to indoor and outdoor temperature extremes-
-Must be able to use and climb a 20’ ladder and scaffolding
-The person may occasionally be exposed to fumes, airborne particles, and chemicals.
-Exposed to hazards from working around power tools, mechanical parts, electricity, etc.
Assist with building maintenance and work on maintenance and cleaning projects independently as needed or as a team.
- Maintain a safe building and make frequent inspections.
- Inspect fire extinguishers, fire alarms, fire suppression systems, and report problems to the maintenance supervisor.
- Maintain and make basic repairs to some mechanical equipment, receptacle covers, doors, ceilings, lighting, doors, and windows, under the supervision and/ or at the request of the vocational instructor and/or maintenance supervisor.
-Perform daily, weekly, monthly, & yearly cleaning tasks administered by the vocational instructor and maintenance supervisor.
- Shovel snow from walks, driveways, or parking lots and spread salt as needed
-Assist with general landscaping maintenance such as bush trimming, weed eating, and lawn mowing
-Mentor student workers